Friday, October 15, 2004

State employees and raises

Easley doesn't think Ballantine can fund promised raises for state employees. "I want to give state employees a fair raise... but I am not going to lie to them." Raise will cost $1.5 billion, and has pledged cutting taxes to the tune of $1.2 billion.

Ballantine: When in General Assembly, I did try to amend budget to give teachers and state employees a pay raise, but it was defeated.

Ballantine says he can find $1 billion in cost savings in state government to help fund pay raises.

3 Comments:

At October 15, 2004 at 3:17 PM, Blogger LLPH said...

I remember Ballentine saying he was going to cut the number of state employees to pay for it when he was on the radio with Jerry Agar.

 
At October 15, 2004 at 3:20 PM, Blogger Paul said...

LLPH, looks like you will be looking for a job in November! ;)

 
At October 15, 2004 at 3:44 PM, Blogger LLPH said...

Not me, I work for a private company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home